Come to the Country and enjoy the quiet charm and elegance of the 100 year old farm home.
The house was built around 1900 and has had many changes over the years. The home and surrounding property have been in the Clendenin family for over 100 years. In 1950, it was selected, after quite a long search by the Board of Public Utilities, to be a show place of how modern electrical installations could be used in a farm home. The changes at that time included new lighting throughout the home, and many of the same light fixtures are present in the home today. The kitchen was completely remodeled with linoleum, metal cabinets, a metal sink and modern appliances for the time. Wallpaper was installed in three rooms, and floors were sanded. A new electrical panel was installed for the new wiring. The south end of the large hall was closed off to accommodate a new modern bathroom with heating in the ceiling.
Today’s changes include refinshing of all the wood floors and new flooring in the kitchen and utility room. The kitchen has been remodeled with pecan cabinets crafted from the lumber of a tree that lost a large limb in the ice storm of 1994.
Over the years many family gatherings have taken place here and we pledge to show family hospitality to our guests. Our guests will be treated to a full country breakfast, including homemade biscuits.